Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 2010 Recap

Grad school has started again and I haven't been very diligent in blogging, my apologies!  This month has been crazy busy as usual, with swimming, soccer, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, driving to Denton two nights a week..... the list goes on and on. 

Theresa and Sal threw us a great engagement party on the 16th, which was attended by about 40 of our nearest and dearest friends and relatives.  Funny story of the night: my grandma walked her check!!  There was some confusion over if my mom or aunt was paying, so she just left without figuring it out!  The conversation went a little like this.....

Waitress: Did you know that old lady sitting right there?
Mom: Yes.
Waitress: She left without paying her check.
Mom: Better call the police.
Waitress: Excuse me?
Mom: I said, better call the police.

The waitress was so flustered, it was funny.... Of course we had to host the after party at our house, which was fun because the majority of the people who came over were Jason's friends, who we never see.  Good times were had by all, it was an eventful night.

In wedding news, we have booked the reception site (Off the Grid), got a cake (Jenn Garcia with Cucalu), scored an amazing photographer (Celina Gomez/Captivating Simplicity), and bought the table linens ($800 worth for $91...score!).  I also bought the most amazing dress (well, my dad bought it) along with a rockin veil and hairpiece.  The bridesmaids have picked their dresses (gorgeous) and we found some super cute dresses this weekend for Rese and Grace.  We were having some issues finding some little girl dresses vs. adult-woman-dress-in-child-size dresses, but Theresa hunted them down.

I did have a little health scare last weekend, but what we thought was appendicitis actually turned out to be a ruptured ovarian cyst, which while it hurt like heck, I was pain free in a matter of days.  I am about 18% done with acheiving my weight loss goals, and have amazingly stayed committed to eating healthier and working out.  It's amazing what having to wear a white dress in June will do to motivate you!

My sweet, sweet FEAHNSAY Jason bought me a BodyBugg!!!  After finally winning him over, he bought one for me and one for himself.  I must say, it is the most fantastical thing I have ever used and we are enjoying the friendly competition in trying to beat each other's caloric defecit each day.
We ended the month last night celebrating my awesome brother-in-law Sal's birthday with dinner and karaoke.  I am not a fan of singing in front of complete strangers, but the place we went to, Family Karaoke, was beyond amazing.  While is wasn't in the lightest and brightest of neighborhoods, it was clean, smoke free, and you could rent a karaoke room so you only embarrassed yourself in front of your friends.  The room came decked out with FOUR flat screens, three walls of couches, two microphones and a great bartender (that was rather 12 Days of Christmas-y).  Half the songs were in Japanese, Japanese videos played in the background with the lyrics running like subtitles, and after you sang the song it scored you in Japanese.  Fun was had by all, and it was a great first time experience.

***HAPPY 28TH (wink, wink) BIRTHDAY TO JASON'S SWEET SISTER, CHRISTI!!!***

Hope you all had a fantastic January, and can't wait to see what February has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment