Monday, January 4, 2010

Fat Camp.... Day 1

A friend of mine has decided to go on a diet, and thought it would be a great idea to round up 20 of her closest friends to jump on the bandwagon.  This is usually everyone's New Year's resolution, so with the serious need to look amazing in a white dress on June 26th, I decided to join.... and drag Theresa in it with me.

Theresa and I arrived at Celina's house at 6:32 (Theresa drove so of course we were late) to find about 18 women of various sizes waiting.  We were each handed a very professional looking folder, with our names on the tab (TYPED!) and everything.  I knew this chick meant business and started filling in the information sheet.  Over the next hour, we were weighed, had our front and side photo taken and discussed how the program would work.  The program is 12 weeks, and we will be meeting every Monday to be weighed, work out, etc.  Celina is serious about holding us accountable and this could get very interesting.

My favorite part of the evening is finding out I weigh TWENTY SEVEN POINT FOUR pounds more than my lovely twin sister, and only weighed about a pound more than her at birth! :(  I knew things had gotten bad, but I didn't think it was that bad!  Jason did manage to lift my spirits by telling me that he weighed 8 pounds less than an airplane.... I laughed so hard I was crying!  Regardless, those three inches I have on her in height don't justify the extra tubbiness, so it is on! :)

The top three ladies who lose the highest % of body weight will get a photo shoot for FREE (did I mention Celina is a professional photographer?) and the top place finisher will get professional hair and makeup, and a gorgeous photo album. Can anyone say Happy Wedding Day To Me??? :)  We also decided to make it a little more interesting and have put $10 a person into the pot for the winner.

Jason and I are going to be hitting the Wii Fit hard the next few months, so I will keep you posted on our progress!  I can't wait to brag on my GINORMOUS loss and to show you how fit I get (hey that rhymes!) before the wedding.

Fingers crossed, Ness

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Vanessa! I believe that youc an truly kick but and get that free photo shoot. I can already see your bridal portraits being amazing!!! DO IT GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete