Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy 2011, people! :)

We ushered in 2011 with our favorite people, at our favorite hangout, Stratos Greek Taverna.  We were lucky enough to snag a last minute babysitter and so we headed out with the Paradas, the Wares and Rachelle to get our Greek on!  The prices on the food and drinks were severely inflated, one of the waitresses made a fool of herself, but we had friends and fun and it was definitely a great night.

With the new year comes the traditional making of new resolutions, but I tried to keep my list short and sweet in hopes of actually accomplishing something on it.  For those of you interested, here are a few of my favorites so far:

* To blog more often:  I set a goal to blog once a week on this blog and 3 times a week on my The Timer Went Off blog.  If you aren't following me, you should be!  I plan of having a few giveaways and really trying to expand my blog into something epic.

* To run the United States Marine Corps Marathon on October 30, 2011.  This is a lofty goal for me, considering my present physical shape, but I have said I wanted to run a marathon before I die, so I figured this is the year to do it!  And in case you are like my dear husband, NO, I am not dying next year, but thanks for asking! :)

* To take an amazing vacation: I want to go somewhere great this summer, and preferably somewhere I get a great deal to go there!  I sure wish I had a summer job as a hotel tryer-outer, that would be awesome!

* To do one thing, every day, for a year.  Granted, I already shower, brush my teeth, check email, post a status on Facebook every day, but I want to do something meaningful daily.  So far it is Day #3 and I have accomplished the task, only 362 days to go!

So as you can see, I have a few good goals for myself this year, and a lot of ambition to accomplish them!  Hope that 2011 is turning out to be a great year for you and yours so far, it hasn't been too shabby for the Smith household!

Keep it classy, Vanesssa

No comments:

Post a Comment